The picturesque seaside village of Rosses Point is just 3km away with a fantastic Blue Flag Beach, Championship Golf Course, Sailing Club, Excellent Restaurants and Bars. Drumcliffe village is just 1.5km away (walking distance) where you can find Yeats Tavern which is a restaurant that we highly recommend.
- The burial place of W. B. Yeats is situated at the local Drumcliffe church which is about 30 minutes walk or 3 minute drive and there is a visitors’ centre, coffee and craft shop adjoining the church yard.
- Lisadell House, childhood home of Countess Markievicz is 8 minutes drive away.
- The scenic and picturesque woodland walk of Hazelwood which is located on the shores of Lough Gill is just 10 minutes drive away.
- There are many walking routes within minutes drive including the leisurely Benbulben Forest walk (7 minutes drive away), the slightly more challenging Knocknarea mountain walk (15 minutes drive away with two routes to choose from) or Benbulben mountain walks with a number of routes to choose from (all within 5 to 10 minutes drive).
- Other activities available locally include links golf courses, surfing, wind surfing and sea angling.
- There are many other attractions including megalithic burial grounds, Parkes Castle, beaches and scenic walks within 15 to 30 minutes drive.